We classify the following as environmental information:
- the state of the elements in the environment, such as air, atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscapes and natural sites
- releases that could affect the environment, including substances, energy, noise, radiation, waste (including radioactive waste), emissions and discharges
- initiatives that are likely to affect the environment, such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, agreements and activities
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- the cost-benefit and economic analyses of environmental initiatives
- how human health can be impacted by environmental elements, releases or initiatives.